Having tried them myself, I’m excited to give you a review of the Bakgat Period Panties.
My verdict: truly comfortable!
Let me tell you a bit more about the panties. There are three different types:
- Heavy flow (which can absorb 45ml of blood – that’s a lot of blood!)
- Regular flow (which can absorb 25ml of blood)
- Liner (this is great for a spotting day)
Here’s how you use them:
- You wake up and you see you are on your period
- You go to your cupboard and get a set of your panties
- You put them on
- You carry on with your day
It’s that easy!
Now it’s the end of the day.
- You take them off.
- Rinse them in warm water, squeeze them to get the blood out
- Basic wash in the basin
- Hang to dry
- On your next wash day put them in the washing machine
Repeat the cycle.
These panties that you only wear during your period feel so fabulous you will want to wear them every day.
Still Have Questions?
How do I know which panties I’ll need for my flow?
If you are not sure how heavy your flow will be, rather play it safe and use the heavy period panties.
How many do I need to buy?
If the panties are going to be the only products you use during your period (i.e. no Mooncup) then it really depends on how heavy your flow is. My suggestion is have two heavy panties, two medium panties and two liners. That way one or two panties can be drying or in the wash but you still have enough to be comfortably covered.
What happens when the panties are full?
We all bleed differently so women who bleed excessively may need to take another pair of panties to work or school. If you have a very heavy period, please book an appointment with me so I can help your bleed come down to normal ranges of not more than 80ml.
Who Will Love the Panties the Most?
Well, this will be a competition between:
- Young girls just starting their period. With period panties there’s no running to the toilet with hidden pads. No faffing in the toilet cubicle with plastic and paper.
- Women who use the Mooncup – I love wearing my panties at night. Personally, I don’t like using the Mooncup at night (that’s just me – we are all different). The panties are comfortable and you don’t have to sleep in one position hoping the pad doesn’t move.
- Women who, due to their faith, cannot insert anything into their body. Also, because the inside of the panties are black, this means many woman of different religions will find these products fabulous.
- Women who experience incontinence. You always covered – no more feeling like you peed in your underwear.
- New moms – post partum bleed is heavy and long. Don’t waste all that money on disposables and reduce your waste with period panties.