Answer true or false to these questions and give yourself one point for every correct answer (the answers are at the bottom of this article):
- A woman is only fertile for roughly 5 – 7 days in every single menstrual cycle.
- A woman is only considered healthy if her menstrual cycle is 28 days.
- When a woman observes cervical mucus, she is NOT fertile.
- A woman cannot fall pregnant from ovulation until her next cycle.
- Ovulation is when the egg moves out the ovary and into the fallopian tube and is the key to her whole cycle.
When you last walked into your doctor or gynae’s office looking for a method of contraception or some answers about your cycle, did they explain how your body works? Did they make you want to know more about the incredible functioning of your body? Did they tell you about any of the five questions above? Did they make you sexually savvy?
Do you want to be more assertive about the protection of your own sexuality, your own body and your own self-respect?
The information I give to women is vital information that you have a right to know about your body, your health, and your future.
So, if you are using hormonal contraception make sure you know:
- Why you are using it.
- How it works.
- The risks involved while using it.
- The long-term effects of it.
When hormonal contraception is prescribed for various abnormalities of the menstrual cycle, it is a symptomatic form of treatment only. Therefore, the cause of the problem or the underlying reason for it is never identified. Your doctor will know the symptoms because you have explained them to him/her. But when their answer is hormonal contraception they do not bother to find out what’s causing it and they only treat the symptoms.
Take the bold move and become sexually savvy by learning how your body works and work cooperatively with your cycle. Learn the science so you can unleash the power that exists within your menstrual cycle.
I will help you find your sexual savviness as I approach clients by listening to them. I approach treatment by working towards eliminating the cause or the disease which is causing the symptom. To accomplish this, we do a thorough study of both your menstrual cycle and your fertility byteaching you how your body really works, how this information can be used constructively to improve your health, and how all of this impacts in a positive way on your future and the future of those around you.
1. True – a woman is only fertile for roughly 5 – 7 days in every single menstrual cycle.
2. False – a woman will only experience a 28 day menstrual cycle 5 – 10% of the time.
3. False – when a woman observes cervical mucus she IS fertile.
4. True – A woman cannot fall pregnant from ovulation until her next cycle.
5. True – Ovulation is when the egg moves out the ovary and into the fallopian tube and is the key to her whole cycle.